Thursday, September 20, 2012

graduation day


Thursday 20th September - the graduation

So I've graduated, officially and finally.

The formal assembly took an hour and a half. At the principal's address she commended us, but at one point brought my retiring english teacher on stage - presenting her with a medal. At this moment, I began tearing up and then crying. We later heard speeches from students and musical performances. At the final leg of the assembly, each year 12 student was presented with their portfolio, a document that held our report, graduation certificate and a school pin. We were applauded out of the hall, exiting through a tunnel of hands. The moment I stepped outside and saw my friends, the tears just came rolling back. Embarrassing but bittersweet.

We later all got changed into summer dresses and frocks, moving onto the Afternoon Tea - another school tradition. Teachers, students and parents mingled, taking photos and eating.

To the Class of 2012, I wish you all the very best in your lives, the sky is the limit. I'm so happy to have met you all and to have spent my final years of schooling with you - keep in touch ;) See you all very soon.

With tears and love,
x
gracie


Follow via Bloglovin | Facebook