Monday, January 7, 2013

// film recommendations

Last night I watched The Perks of Being A Wallflower , such a beautifully made film. Logan Lerman really captured the essence of the introverted soul and combined with Emma Watson's endearing warmth - it just worked. For some reason the ending reminded me of Donnie Darko, with the whole mentally unstable-ness. But overall, its was pretty amazeballs. Gonna go read the book now. People say read the book then watch the movie, cause the book is always better. Then one day my friend said no watch the movie then read the book because no matter how bad the movie is, the book will always be better. So if the movie's good, the book will make your memory of the movie even more vivd. I dunno, it works both ways I guess - depending on what floats your boat.


Anyways so from watching that, I then started to think about what movies I love and definitely would recommend.


Must watch - such a clean cut refreshing film on the simple love story


The Help (2011)

Love it, love Minnie! I'm a sucker for anything set in the 1960s, love the way they dressed, kinda wished we still dressed like that.


Little Miss Sunshine (2006)

The dysfunctionality (pretty sure I just made up a word) of this family in this film is what makes it work so well.


Crazy Stupid Love (2011)

Ryan Gosling, Steve Carell & Emma Stone. At the beginning of the movie, I was like meh and then it got really good about half way in. I actually remember 'laughing out loud' cause it was so darn funny


Never Let Me Go (2010)

Such a sad movie, I think this was the movie that I fell in love with Andrew Garfield & Carey Mulligan's acting. I actually read the book, I felt both the book and the film were equally as powerful.


The King's Speech (2010)

Ahahahs all time favourite, love the set and the acting



x
gracie