Thursday, May 2, 2013

the temper trap



camo button up (Cotton On)
black and white polka top (Cocolatte)
dark burgundy denim jeans (H&M)
black Vans dupes (Big W)

Last night I went to see The Temper Trap at Enmore Theatre with my mates. It was freaking amazing. It literally went off. We went in when Alpine started performing and they were pretty good. Temper mainly played their old stuff - the classics: Fader, Love Lost etc. But when they did Soldier On, I think, for me, that was when it peaked - got goosebumps. There was just a sense of serenity among the crowd as he sang. "Keep your heart close to the ground" I guess with this song, its the lyrics that extend beyond the music itself, as everyone interprets the song differently. For me its about the inevitable knowledge that regardless of your actions, everything changes in life, nothing ever really remains the same. Woahh -step back-, getting too deep now LOL. Overall it was exhilarating being in the mosh and listening to them live. If you ever get the opportunity to see them - defs recommend, they are amazing live. 

Thank you Anika and Adrian for one of the best birthday presents ever. Love you guys :)

x
gracie