Sunday, May 12, 2013

unicorns



unicorn top (H&M)
dark burgundy denim jeans (H&M)
navy jumper
military boots (Rubi)
white scarf (H&M)

I saw this unicorn plastered top in H&M while I was in China. It was the day my grandpa had directed me to the mall and left me with gran's flip phone in case of an emergency. As incompetent as my Chinese skills are, it was pleasing to know he had this sort of faith in me. I remember seeing the top and thinking that 'shiz is cray, what on earth is this?'. But as I walked away from it I had strangely developed a connection with it, as it reminded me of home and the sweetness that came with it.

The other day on the bus I saw this quote that said "Always be yourself. Unless you can be a unicorn. Then always be a unicorn."

Ah unicorns. As a kid I had this puzzle with a/an (why does a unicorn sound right when I know it shouldn't?) unicorn. I think I completed it at least 20 times and always felt a sense of satisfaction each time.

I don't think I like unicorns as much as I used to.

x
gracie