Saturday, November 30, 2013

THE MATURED YOUTH



A couple of days ago I got the chance to finally catch up with both of my best friends. It had been too long since we all sat together and just chilled. With the accumulation of assignments, exams and work we barely saw each other. I decided to fill this post with silly photos because we have so many normal photos and really... we're only young for so long.

My friends and I were talking about how quickly a year had gone by. I look at photos of us at the beginning of the year and I see the same people but now we're just older matured individuals. We all entered adulthood with a bang and none of us really knew what we were getting ourselves into. I'm old enough to complain about back pain and work, which kinda scares me.

Which brings me to my next point in that we should embrace our youth. And I know it's a saying that has been said over and over again but in all honesty, it's just true. I have friends who have settled into the comfort of life and defined that their main goal now is to just finish university and get married. In the driest of terms, there's so much more to life than just finding a stable career and living your life out. Talking to my friends, we all agreed that this is the time to travel, to learn, to try new things and to absorb as much as we can from the world. My friend wants to do exchange and just immerse herself into an unfamiliar culture and to just lose and find herself again - which is amazing.

So when the time does come for us to tell our children the number of silly adventures we went on, don't we all just want to have crazy stories to tell? As we get older, we will live through our memories and savour the good and the bad because by then what we'll realise is that somehow all those different things intertwined together and defined our lives.


x
gracie