Sunday, May 11, 2014

LA ROSA


Last weekend my family and I found out our dearest next door neighbour had passed away. Mr Vincenzo La Rosa, or how most of us knew him as 'Vince'.

A man I've known since I was two, my brother since he was born. A man we could easily call our grandfather. A man who always had the kindest smile and rosiest cheeks I had ever seen. A man who had a lifetime of stories to share. He was 85.

My family and I miss him. A lot. Someone you see on a day to day basis for almost 20 years and now to never see them again.

I remember when I used to come home from drawing lessons and I'd see him on his back porch. I'd show him my paintings and he'd praise me with joy, admiring my talent. You felt like a five year old kid again. That same feeling of when you showed your parents a painting you had worked on and they would stick it up on the fridge for all to see.

But as much as I miss him I know he's in a better place, joined again with his wife.

I feel so blessed to have been given the opportunity to get to know and love this person this great, kind and honest.

The above photo is a photo I took 2 years ago. I can't find the original but I found this. Every time I look at it I smile because I see him smiling back at me and that makes me so happy.


rest in peace vince, love you

x
gracie