Friday, July 25, 2014

BODY OF WORK 2012



I never shared the Body of Work I produced for my hsc and considering I just wanted a quiet Friday night thought I'd take a trip down memory lane.

I never liked the finished product. I liked it at this stage of the works, before it was mounted and when it was just a flat huge scroll. I wish I had better photos too. What's pictured above is about one third of the whole piece. Personally I was grateful I chose to do art in year 12 because it was sort of my stress-relief to my other subjects. I would sit and just paint for hours endlessly and it was just soothing. I would study heaps of botanical drawings for this project and constantly did practice runs in trying to perfect the colouring and mixing of colours for the plants. My favourite one was probably the Birds of Paradise (third picture).

x
gracie