Monday, July 7, 2014

TRAVELS // SINGAPORE PART 1


I'm in Singapore and I've been here for a week. It's been freaking hectic. I'm honestly having so much fun and the friends I've made are honestly some of the nicest people I've ever met. It's really interesting interacting with people from other disciplines and it's something you don't really get to do in uni cause it's always just your cohort, your degree. Everyone picks up different things based on their academic field, the architecture students go crazy at the architecture and the political economics scrunching their foreheads as they learn about migrants policies.

Yesterday we had our full day off and we split up and did our own thing during the day. My friends and I explored the numerous shopping malls here - honestly shops everywhere. Because its so humid here, we end up having showers like 3 times a day cause you always just feel icky and disgusting. And the humidity just hinders your energy because you just want to sleep - I've been taking afternoon naps - I never take naps at home.

Last night we all met up and went to see the Gardens by the Bay and Marina Bay Sands. We skipped the $25 ticket and went up to the bar and bought a thousand dollar drink. But honestly the view up there of the city as it lit up against the night sky was sickening beautiful.

Currently working on a research task - will be back soon!

x
gracie