Tuesday, December 30, 2014

REFLECTIONS | 2014

Here we are. The second last day of 2014.

I've been mentally writing this blogpost of a while now. Once we hit November I already began to look back on the year of 2014. I began to collect elements, events, emotions that played pivotal roles in sculpting 2014.

For me 2014 was a year that pushed me to my limits. It was the year that I experienced the most downs and ups. This has been the year that I've grown the most. As a kid you're always in a bubble - safe from everything. When I turned 18 I still felt like a kid. But this year, so many things happened that taught me lessons, hurt me and made me stronger. My best friend said she thought I matured a lot more this year and I didn't really put it together until I began to reflect on the year.

2014 was the year I lost someone I loved dearly. 
2014 was the year I met people I never would have imagined.
2014 was the year I began to become more aware of the "real" world.
2014 was the year I began to become more aware of big issues in society
2014 was the year I lost my direction and found it again (i think)

2014 was the first time in my degree where I really just woke up each day dreading university. I had never felt that before. Last semester was hard. I remember days where I was so stressed out I cried at the library - yeah it got that bad. But it got better. I think it was hard because I didn't have the motivation to produce good work. Luckily enough, I had a killer tutor who kicked my ass into working in a mindset I had never experienced.

I still can't believe another year has gone by. I'm about to enter the last year of my degree. How has this all happened?

Anyways, hope all is well on your end!


P.s. this song, the vocals are so on point - so relatable




x
gracie